All ads must be sent to the ADAA Office for review and approval. Once approved the department may post the ad and create a job requisition in eRecruit.
- Create a job requisition in the eRecruit system using the following Hiring Teams and Approvers:
Faculty and LEO Hiring Teams:
Department Personnel – Hiring Manager(s)
Jennifer Piper – HR Representative
Sherry Hall – Hiring Manager
Kathleen Boblitt – HR Representative
Christine Eccleston- Recruiter
Faculty and LEO Approvers (ALWAYS Enforce Approval Order):
- If the posting is replacing a vacancy, please indicate this on the Position Count page. Any questions regarding entering of information in eRecruit should be directed to Kathy Boblitt.
- Within the posting. The advertisement MUST include the following statements:
- “The College of Engineering is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.”
- “The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is responsive to the needs of dual career families”.
- “Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus, and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/.”
- “The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair, and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity.”
- Jennifer Piper and others in the ADAA and RPM office will review the eRecruit posting for approval.
- Once approved by ADAA, RPM will review the posting for approval and assign a unique 4-digit Position Control Number (PCN). The PCN will be visible in the Detail Page of the requisition in eRecruit.
- Please be sure to include the PCN on all paperwork related to the position for administrative tracking tied to the search, hire and employment activity. In addition, include the PCN on new hire paperwork and be sure to list the PCN in the remarks section with a note to the SSC to request they close the requisition in eRecruit.