Please use the following templates and forms when requesting a new Research Investigator or Assistant Research Scientist appointment:
- Procedure for hiring Research Investigators and Asst. Research Scientists
- Procedure for hiring Assoc. Research Scientists and Research Scientists
- Procedures for reappointing Research Investigators and Assistant Research Scientists
- Procedure for hiring Adjunct and Visiting Research Faculty
- Appointment Request Form
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Sample Letter to External Reviewers (please use SmartPath to generate this letter).
- Offer letter templates for the Research Scientist track and Research Professor track
- Appointment Request Form for Adjunct or Visiting Research Faculty
CoE Research Assistant Professor Appointment Guidelines
Ways Faculty Can Get Involved in DEI
UMOR guidelines for hiring Research Scientist or Associate Research Scientists
UMOR Research Faculty Mandatory Reviews Addendum
Best Practices for Hiring Research Faculty
Dry Research Faculty Appointments
Units may appoint a faculty member to a Research Professor Track or Research Scientist Track dry appointment (0% effort on all research faculty appointments) for up to three years with the possibility of renewal subject to College approval.
If you have questions please contact Academic Affairs at 734-647-7018.