Please use the following templates and forms when requesting a new Research Investigator or Assistant Research Scientist appointment:
- Procedure for hiring Research Investigators and Asst. Research Scientists
- Procedure for hiring Assoc. Research Scientists and Research Scientists
- Procedures for reappointing Research Investigators and Assistant Research Scientists
- Procedure for hiring Adjunct and Visiting Research Faculty
- Appointment Request Form
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Sample Letter to External Reviewers (please use SmartPath to generate this letter).
- Offer letter templates for the Research Scientist track and Research Professor track
- Appointment Request Form for Adjunct or Visiting Research Faculty
Dry Research Faculty Appointments
Units may appoint a faculty member to a Research Professor Track or Research Scientist Track dry appointment (0% effort on all research faculty appointments) for up to three years with the possibility of renewal subject to College approval.
If you have questions please contact Academic Affairs at 734-647-7018.