The University of Michigan, College of Engineering invites candidates to apply for several tenured and tenure-track faculty position openings.
The College of Engineering is located on the University of Michigan’s North Campus in Ann Arbor, MI. The University of Michigan was founded in 1817 as one of the first public universities in the nation. Today, the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor campus is a thriving and productive academic community of over 44,000 students and more than 28,000 faculty members and staff. The University’s research expenditures totaled $1.55 billion in fiscal year 2018. The University of Michigan has repeatedly been named as one of the Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. The University of Michigan is a premier public university with 100 top-ten ranked departments, and top-rated Engineering, Medical, Law, and Business programs.
The College maintains top-ten rankings in nearly every undergraduate and graduate engineering program. Our world-renowned faculty are educating the next generation of engineers and helping to move the world forward. The College currently has over 425 tenured and tenure-track faculty members, 130 research faculty members, and 92 lecturers. The student body comprises approximately 7,100 undergraduate students, 1,900 master’s students, and 1,600 Ph.D. students.
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus, and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/.
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair, and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity.
Ann Arbor is a small, friendly town with big city sophistication. Ann Arbor offers an exceptionally high quality of life, combining the safety and intimacy of a smaller city with an abundance of diverse cultural opportunities exceeding those of much larger cities. Ann Arbor ranks in polls as one of the best places in the United States to live and raise a family.
At the College of Engineering, departments administer faculty recruiting. A listing of departments and faculty position openings can be found below. Please follow the links provided to view position descriptions for open positions. Information about future faculty searches will be added to this site as it becomes available.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is responsive to the needs of dual career families. The College of Engineering is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Departments and Programs:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering – Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Civil and Environmental Engineering – Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor and Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering – Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Computer Science and Engineering – Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Industrial and Operations Engineering – Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Integrative Systems and Design
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering – Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences – Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Engineering Education Research
- Robotics – Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor